8.2.08

Free Solaris DVD

Ok, so I guess approximately 99.9% of you stopped reading after the title.  "Solaris?  What is that, the sun?"  Well, actually, it's a Linux distribution (distro) put out by, guess who, Sun Microsystems (would never have guessed =]). 

Anyhow, if you're the kind of person who flinches at knocking a ~5gb chunk out of your hard disk to store a Solaris Express Developer Edition (sxde) image, fear no more.  For a limited time, you can get a free sxde DVD mailed to you  (although it takes about a week and a half). 

http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/solaris-express/get.jsp

I've got a copy or two in the mail, so I'll see how I like it. 

By the way, for those of you wondering why this is so great, the only other Linux distro that gives you free CD's at this time is Ubuntu.  I also have a few of their discs =]


No comments: