22.11.08

One nifty feature of the iPod touch...

So I finally caved and opened my iPod touch (I was planning on selling it, and may still do so...).  I promise I'll write a review of it sometime, but I did want to mention this one feature that I thought was awesome...

So I went out tonight to my sister's piano recital, and, of course, stuck my iPod in my pocket.  I forgot to turn the WiFi off.  After the recital we went out to get something to eat, and I got out my touch and noticed that I had five unread emails...that weren't there when I was home!  Apparently it found a free wifi connection, connected, and downloaded my emails automatically.  That, I find, is totally awesome.

[edit] One of my friends pointed out that you have to turn on Push and set Fetch to 15 minutes for this to work. Actually you can set Fetch to whatever you want, but 15 minutes works the best.

No comments: